Acorn Recruitment is seeking an experienced Planning and Purchasing Assistant for their manufacturing client based in Fishponds, Bristol. Salary for this position is £20,000 to £25,000 pa based on experience.
To assist the Supply Chain Department to effectively manage the flow of materials and finished goods through the business, liaising with both internal departments and suppliers to meet customer order requirements.
* Raise and expedite purchase orders.
* Support Supply Chain and Compliance.
* Support Import and Export Trade & Tariff.
* Stock control / stock-taking (inc. year-end).
* Maintaining supplier records (price lists, specifications etc.).
* Maintaining product records (artwork, new line forms etc.).
* Maintaining Sage records (BOM's, product data etc.).
* Ensure all purchasing related queries and issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
* Support other departments as required.
* Build and maintain relationships with new and existing suppliers.
* Production planning.
* Production booking.
* Goods receipt.
* Materials planning.
* Handling Imports and Exports.
Qualifications and knowledge:
* Planning experience.
* Stock control.
* Import / Export Experience.
Skills and experience:
* Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) experience.
* Sage 200 / MRP.
Personal attributes / other:
* Attention to detail
* Can-do attitude
* Focused on results
* Forward thinking
* Customer focussed
* Flexible and adaptable
* Hard working and loyal
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencePlanning experience, Stock Control, Import/Export
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.