Facilities Monitoring Officer
Hourly pay rate - £17ph - £20ph
Start Date: Temp to Perm
Shift Times: 8am-4pm Monday to Friday
Location: South west London
I am currently working with an NHS trust in South West London to recruit a Facilities Monitor Officer. The trust are looking for a Senior Facilities Monitoring Officer, preferably with previous NHS experience. The contract will be starting at 3 months but will likely be made permanent dependant of performance`.
- Regularly review and implement a structured and practical Trust Monitoring and auditing system for all contracted services.
- Attend community meetings at ward level and engage with the service users to obtain feedback on services recommending changes where possible. This often involves difficult conversations as expectations are high and this may be difficult to achieve within budget constraints.
- Responsible for the monitoring documentation related to Soft FM contracted services to ensure correct procedures and processes are being followed and highlighting any areas of concern direct to the contractor in the first instance and escalating to Soft FM Service Manager if needed.
- To be responsible for monitoring systems employed by Soft FM contractors to ensure these are being followed and subsequently have confidence for the efficient management systems for all contracted Soft FM services.
- To ensure that Soft FM services are provided in accordance with Trust policies and procedures and values and that changes to Trust policies and procedures are communicated to the external contract service provider(s).
- To participate in Patient Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) assessments and meetings and ensure internal PLACE inspection programmes are undertaken as required by the Soft FM Services Manager, ensuring minutes of meetings and inspections are recorded and circulated appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with the Trust's Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions for ordering supplies, variations to contracts and any contractual negotiations/award.
- To audit the performance of the in-house services, Portering and Postal service staff ensuring KPIs are met and a high standard of service is achieved. Ensuring process and procedures are in place and followed.. .
- Responsible for obtaining costings relating to Soft FM Services to provide to the Soft FM Services Manager as and when required
- Manage delegated budgets as directed, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
- Process for authorisation, payroll variations and establishment variations as required.
- To authorise stock and non-stock requisitions for items required by FM Services and to order on-line for stock items from NHS Logistics.
If you are an experienced Facilities Monitor Officer in South West London please do hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07969527389 .
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceFacilities Monitoring Officer, NHS, Hospital, contract management, soft fm, policy, procedure, audit
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.